Poly Cube – The Poly Ethylene Bag is a revolutionary system assisting in the bitumen transport. It provides a cost efficient alternative to Bitumen drums. The Polyethylene bags are capable of holding up to 350 kg of bitumen.
Advantages over the steel drums:
- In general the waste which remains in drums accounts for 3-4%, with Polyethylene Bag bags there is no residual waste;
- The packaging does not pollute the environment, as drums are hard to recycle and re-sell, especially for projects where the Bitumen is melted distantly from the port at deep inland locations.
- The system is easy for shipping and storing;
- Bitumen is delivered and melted at a convenient location;
- The cost of labour is reduced;
- Due to more efficient heating (only the bitumen is heated and not the drum), carbon emissions are reduced;
- Due to using and melting bitumen only when needed, the constant energy consumption to keep bitumen heated is avoided, which results again in lower carbon emissions;
- Due to cold shipment of the cargo across the world, saving of more carbon emissions in comparison to bulk shipments, which requires constant heating during ocean voyages